Sedation will allow most people to overcome the stress, fear and anxiety associated with Dental Treatment, because they can relax during their dental visit.
If you exhibit any of the following characteristics, sedation may help you:
- Fear, Stress and Anxiety about going to the Dentist
- Fear of needles
- You are hard to get numb
- Dental Phobia
- A history of bad dental experiences
- Painful or sensitive teeth
- Afraid to go to the Dentist
- You are troubled with a bad gag reflex
- You need complex treatment requiring long dental appointments
- People who have limited time to complete their required treatment and want to accomplish a lot in a single appointment. Treatment requiring multiple visits can often be accomplished in a single visit.
To assess whether sedation is right for you, all patients must disclose current medications, any medical conditions, as well as past and present drug use to the sedation dentist.
Oral Sedation, is administered by taking a pill one hour prior to a dental appointment. The pill is usually Halcion (Triazolam), which is a moderate sedative. The patient may fall asleep and have some degree of amnesia. It works well for most people with moderate anxiety and is quite cost effective. The disadvantage with this method of sedation is that the level of sedation for each person is not predictable and is not easily changed. Patients will need someone to drive them home and stay with them for the remainder of the day.
Contact Us to Book a Dental Appointment
Pemberton Valley Dental offers sediation dentistry appointments.
Call us at 1 (604) 894-6933 to arrange a review with one of our dental team!